COVID-19 Update – October 12, 2020The Moorings of Arlington Heights COVID-19 Updates
Today we are reporting that five staff members have new onset of respiratory symptoms within the past 72 hours. Return to work is based on Illinois Department Public Health, Center for Disease Control & Prevention and local health department guidance. COVID-19 testing was provided to Highlands, Highlands Memory Support and Health Center residents and staff the week of October 5-11. Here are the results so far:
- Residents: 154 tests, 148 negative results, no positives, 6pending
- Staff: 308 tests, 254 negative results, no positives, 54 pending
The cumulative total of positive COVID-19 cases at The Moorings since March is 10, with one (1) resident and nine (9) staff members. The last reported case was on October 2nd.
The Moorings continues to follow guidance for senior living communities as directed by the CDC and IDPH, including, but not limited to:
- Restricting all volunteers and non-essential health care personnel
- Monitoring internal group activities and dining
- Performing active screening of residents and health care personnel
- Isolating symptomatic residents and asking symptomatic employees to quarantine at home
- Universal masking for all employees and visitors
- Masking or face covering for all health center residents when receiving direct care
- Educating staff twice weekly on infection control, PPE and COVID-19 symptoms
We are committed to notifying you as soon as possible about positive cases, whether or not you may have come in contact with a potential COVID-19 resident or employee in our community. The safety of our residents and team members continues to be our utmost concern. Thank you for your support.
Lisa Vandermark, Executive Director