COVID-19 Update – October 2, 2020Lake Forest Place COVID-19 Updates
There are no new positive cases to report since the September 25 update. There continues to be no active resident cases anywhere in the community. The last positive resident case recovered in the middle of May, about four and one-half months ago.
The total number of positive cases at Lake Forest Place still stands at 22 with five (5) residents and 17 employees. Of the total five (5) residents who tested positive, none of them remains an active case at the community. All five (5) are inactive with one (1) discharged, one (1) death and three (3) residents who recovered. Of the total 17 employees who tested positive, three (3) are active cases and the other 14 are all inactive because the employees have recovered.
- Lake Forest Place continues to follow guidance for senior living communities as directed by CDC and IDPH including, but not limited to:
- Restrict all visitation except for certain compassionate care situations, such as end-of-life
- Restrict all volunteers and non-essential health care personnel (e.g., barbers)
- Restrict internal and external group activities and dining
- Active screening of residents and health care personnel for fever and respiratory symptoms
- Isolation of symptomatic residents and work exclusion of symptomatic employees
- Universal masking for all employees and visitors
- Separation and isolation of residents positive for COVID-19
We are committed to notifying you as soon as possible about positive cases, whether or not you may have come in contact with a potential positive COVID-19 resident or employee in our community. The safety of our residents and team members continues to be our utmost concern. We appreciate your partnership and thank you so much for your continued prayers, support and understanding.
If you are viewing this message on our website, you can also receive updates via e-mail by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Glenn Brichacek, Executive Director