COVID-19 Update – October 5, 2020The Moorings of Arlington Heights COVID-19 Updates
October 5, 2020
Today we are providing a weekly update for COVID-19 at The Moorings. The cumulative total of positive COVID-19 cases at The Moorings since March is 9, with no residents and 9 staff members. The last reported case was on September 28th. The Moorings continues to follow guidance for senior living communities as directed by the CDC and IDPH, including, but not limited to:
- Restricting all volunteers and non-essential health care personnel
- Monitoring internal group activities and dining
- Performing active screening of residents and health care personnel
- Isolating symptomatic residents and asking symptomatic employees to quarantine at home
- Universal masking for all employees and visitors
- Masking or face covering for all health center residents when receiving direct care
- Educating staff twice weekly on infection control, PPE and COVID-19 symptoms
We are committed to notifying you as soon as possible about positive cases, whether or not you may have come in contact with a potential COVID-19 resident or employee in our community. The safety of our residents and team members continues to be our utmost concern.
Thank you for your support.
Lisa Vandermark, Executive Director