COVID-19 Update – October 6, 2020Evanston COVID-19 Updates
Today, we learned that a staff person tested positive for COVID-19; this staff member has not been on campus for six days and works outside of health care. Residents and staff in direct contact with this individual have been notified and are monitoring for symptoms. Return to work will be evaluated by the employee’s physician or based on Evanston Health Department, IDPH, and Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance.
The total number of positive cases stands at 17 with one resident and 16 employees. The one resident and 15 employees are inactive. There have been no COVID-related deaths. The 15 employees are inactive because they have recovered and returned to work, and the one active employee case is quarantined and resting at home.
Westminster Place continues to follow guidance for senior living communities as directed by CDC and IDPH including, but not limited to:
- Restrict all visitation except for certain compassionate care situations, such as end-of-life
- Restrict all volunteers and non-essential health care personnel (e.g., barbers)
- Restrict internal and external group activities and dining
- Active screening of residents and employees for fever and respiratory symptoms
- Isolation of symptomatic residents and work exclusion of symptomatic employees
- Universal masking for all employees and visitors
- Separation and isolation of residents positive for COVID-19
We are committed to notifying you as soon as possible about positive cases, whether or not you may have come in contact with a potential positive COVID-19 resident or employee in our community. The safety of our residents and team members continues to be our utmost concern. We appreciate your partnership and thank you for your continued prayers, support and understanding.
Andrew Clauson, Executive Director