COVID-19 Update – October 9, 2020Lake Forest Place COVID-19 Updates
Earlier today, we learned of another employee who has tested positive for COVID-19. Any resident or employee who might have had direct contact with this individual will be notified by the Infection Preventionist, Ceazar Familara, and monitored for any symptoms. The affected employee has been excluded from work and the person’s return to work will be evaluated by the employee’s physician or based on guidance from the Lake County Health Department, Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The total number of positive cases now stands at 23 with five residents and 18 employees. Of the total five resident positive cases, none remain active cases at the community. All the cases are inactive with one discharged, one death and three residents who recovered. Of the total 18 employees who tested positive, 14 cases are inactive because the employees recovered, and the four active cases are employees who are out on paid leave and at home in quarantine. Lake Forest Place continues to follow guidance for senior living communities as directed by CDC and IDPH including, but not limited to:
- Restrict all visitation except for certain compassionate care situations, such as end-of-life
- Restrict all volunteers and non-essential health care personnel (e.g., barbers)
- Restrict internal and external group activities and dining
- Active screening of residents and health care personnel for fever and respiratory symptoms
- Isolation of symptomatic residents and work exclusion of symptomatic employees
- Universal masking for all employees and visitors
- Separation and isolation of residents positive for COVID-19
We are committed to notifying you assoon as possible about positive cases, whether or not you may have come in contact with a potential positive COVID-19 resident or employee in our community. The safety of our residents and team members continues to be our utmost concern. We appreciate your partnership and thank you so much for your continued prayers, support and understanding.
If you are viewing this message on our website, you can also receive updates via e-mail by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Glenn Brichacek, Executive Director