COVID-19 Update – September 25, 2020The Moorings of Arlington Heights COVID-19 Updates
September 25, 2020
Out of 256 Covid-19 results received this week, one Moorings staff member tested positive. This staff member last worked 9/24/2020. Any residents or staff who were exposed will be contacted. Return to work follows the Cook County Department of Public Health guidance and Moorings policy.
The cumulative total of positive COVID-19 cases at The Moorings since March is 8, with no residents and 8 staff members.
The Moorings continues to follow guidance for senior living communities as directed by the CDC and IDPH, including, but not limited to:
- Restricting all volunteers and non-essential health care personnel
- Monitoring internal and external group activities and communal dining
- Performing active screening of residents and health care personnel
- Isolating symptomatic residents and asking symptomatic employees to quarantine at home
- Universal masking for all employees and visitors
- Masking or face covering for all health center residents when receiving direct care
- Educating staff twice weekly on infection control, PPE and COVID-19 symptoms
We are committed to notifying you as soon as possible about positive cases, whether or not you may have come in contact with a potential COVID-19 resident or employee in our community. The safety of our residents and team members continues to be our utmost concern. Thank you for your support.
Lisa Vandermark, Executive Director