Thursday, October 15, 2020Evanston COVID-19 Updates
Today we learned that an additional staff person has tested positive for COVID-19. This healthcare employee is asymptomatic and has not worked on the campus since October 8. Residents and employees in direct contact with this individual have been notified and are being asked to monitor for symptoms. Return to work will be evaluated by the employee’s physician and based on Evanston Public Health, IDPH, and Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance or as directed by their physician.
The total number of positive cases stands at 22 with one resident and 21 employees. The one resident and 15 employees are inactive. The 15 employees are inactive because they have recovered and returned to work, and the six active employee cases are quarantined and resting at home. There have been no COVID-related deaths.
In keeping with CDC and IDPH guidelines, Westminster Place is responding to this situation as follows:
- Visitors will not be allowed on campus except in compassionate care situations.
- Volunteers and non-essential health care personnel will not be allowed on campus.
- The salons are closed until further notice.
- Group activities will be restricted, and we are postponing the reopening of the One Calvin Circle and Highlands dining rooms.
- The Kimble Fitness Center will close all inside exercise programs. Outdoor and broadcast fitness programs will continue.
- We will screen health care residents and employees for fever and respiratory symptoms.
- Use of PPE and social distancing is required for all residents and employees.
- Residents who are positive for COVID-19 will be isolated.
We are committed to notifying you as soon as possible about positive cases. The safety of our residents and team members continues to be our utmost concern. We appreciate your partnership and thank you for your continued prayers, support and understanding.
Andrew Clauson, Executive Director