May 15, 2020
As of May 12, there was one new positive case of COVID-19 during the past week, an employee. The staff member is on paid leave and in quarantine.
The total number of positive cases stands at 11 with five (5) residents and six (6) employees. Of the total five resident positive cases, there are no remaining active cases at the community. All five cases are inactive with one discharged, one death, and three residents who recovered. Of the total six employees who tested positive, one case is inactive because the employee recovered, and the other five are active cases with all of the employees requested to quarantine at home.
Lake Forest Place continues to follow guidance for senior living communities as directed by CDC and IDPH, including, but not limited to:
- Restrict all visitation except for certain compassionate care situations, such as end-of-life
- Restrict all volunteers and non-essential health care personnel (e.g., barbers)
- Restrict internal and external group activities and dining
- Active screening of residents and health care personnel for fever and respiratory symptoms
- Isolation of symptomatic residents and work exclusion of symptomatic employees
- Universal masking for all employees and visitors
- Separation and isolation of residents positive for COVID-19
We are committed to notifying you as soon as possible about positive cases, whether or not you may have come in contact with a potential positive COVID-19 resident or employee in our community. The safety of our residents and team members continues to be our utmost concern. We do appreciate your partnership and thank you so much for your continued prayers, support and understanding.
You can receive updates via e-mail by sending your request to email@example.com.