June 26, 2020
Since the Weekly Update on June 19, we have no new COVID-19 positive cases to report to you at Lake Forest Place, either for residents or employees. The total number of employee active positive cases decreased from four to three, because one more staff member recovered.
The total number of positive cases at Lake Forest Place stands at 17 with five (5) residents and 12 employees. Of the total five (5) residents who tested positive, none of them remains an active case at the community. All five (5) are inactive with one (1) discharged, one (1) death and three (3) residents who recovered. Of the total 12 employees who tested positive, nine (9) cases are inactive because the employees recovered, and the other three (3) are active cases with all of the employees on paid leave and in quarantine at home.
Lake Forest Place continues to follow guidance for senior living communities as directed by CDC and IDPH including, but not limited to:
- Restrict all visitation except for certain compassionate care situations, such as end-of-life
- Restrict all volunteers and non-essential health care personnel (e.g., barbers)
- Restrict internal and external group activities and dining
- Active screening of residents and health care personnel for fever and respiratory symptoms
- Isolation of symptomatic residents and work exclusion of symptomatic employees
- Universal masking for all employees and visitors
- Separation and isolation of residents positive for COVID-19
We are committed to notifying you as soon as possible about positive cases, whether or not you may have come in contact with a potential positive COVID-19 resident or employee in our community. The safety of our residents and team members continues to be our utmost concern. We appreciate your partnership and thank you so much for your continued prayers, support and understanding.
If you are viewing this message on our website, you can also receive updates via e-mail by sending your request to email@example.com.
Glenn Brichacek, Executive Director