June 5, 2020
Yesterday morning, we learned of another employee who has tested positive for COVID-19, in addition to the positive employee cases that we announced earlier this week. Any resident or employee who might have had direct contact with this individual will be notified by the Infection Preventionist, Ceazar Familara, and monitored for any symptoms. The affected employee has been excluded from work and the person’s return to work will be evaluated by the employee’s physician or based on guidance from the Lake County Health Department, Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The total number of positive cases stands at 15 with five residents and ten employees. Of the total five resident positive cases, none remain active cases at the community. All the cases are inactive with one discharged, one death and three residents who recovered. Of the total ten employees who tested positive, six cases are inactive because the employees recovered, and the other four are active cases with all of the employees requested to quarantine at home.
Lake Forest Place continues to follow guidance for senior living communities as directed by the CDC and IDPH, including, but not limited to:
• Restrict all visitation except for certain compassionate care situations, such as end-of-life
• Restrict all volunteers and non-essential health care personnel (e.g., barbers)
• Restrict internal and external group activities and dining
• Active screening of residents and health care personnel for fever and respiratory symptoms
• Isolation of symptomatic residents and work exclusion of symptomatic employees
• Universal masking for all employees and visitors
• Separation and isolation of residents positive for COVID-19
We are committed to notifying you as soon as possible about positive cases, whether or not you may have come in contact with a potential COVID-19 resident or employee in our community. The safety of our residents and team members continues to be our utmost concern. We appreciate your partnership and thank you so much for your continued prayers, support and understanding.
You can receive updates via e-mail by sending your request to email@example.com.
Glenn Brichacek, Executive Director