Assisted Living Facility near Chicago
Assisted living is so much more than care.
It’s a way to get help with the activities of daily living — and to put more activity into daily life. At The Highlands assisted living in Arlington Heights, you’ll find it keeps you in control, affirms your love of life, and supports your goals while letting you live as independently as possible.
Our on-site assisted living facility near Chicago offers five personalized levels of care and 24-hour assistance with activities of daily living. And that support makes it possible to experience all The Moorings has to offer.
“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
Here, you’ll find:
- A calendar full of programs centered around dimensions of wellness. Movie marathons, wine and cheese socials, fitness classes, outings, educational classes, devotions, Bible studies and worship services — these are just a few of the choices available for creating a life you’ll love.
- A multidisciplinary team approach for comprehensive, truly personalized care.
- Priority access to a complete continuum of high-quality on-site health care, if it’s ever needed.
- Direct admission to the public is available, without an upfront entrance fee.
Services and amenities include:
- Table service dining, with three delicious meals per day
- Neighborhood activity rooms
- Libraries with game tables and computers
- Outdoor terrace overlooking a lake with swans and ducks
- Raised flower and vegetable gardens
- Programs and events outside the community
- Resident Fellowship Hall with chapel, fitness center, salon and spa, and wellness clinic.
- Scheduled transportation to entertainment venues, shopping and restaurants
- Expanded basic cable, phone service and all utilities included
- Nurses available 24 hours a day
- Safety and wellness checks throughout the day
- Geriatric-certified medical director on staff
- Social worker
- Chaplain and pastoral care
Assisted Living Brochure
Spacious one-bedroom apartments featuring a master suite; kitchenette with wood cabinets; built-in microwave; refrigerator and pantry; large walk-in closet; living rooms with bay windows and beautiful views; and bathroom with walk-in shower, grab bars and infrared lighting.
How do I know when someone needs assisted living?
When help with activities of daily living, such as taking medicines, bathing, dressing, meals, transportation and housekeeping is needed, an assisted living residence can be the answer. Trained professionals provide this support while helping preserve an individual’s independence.
Can I bring my own furniture and decor?
Making your assisted living apartment feel like home is important to us, too. Residents bring their favorite things and furniture to make the space their own.