Senior Health and Wellness Programs
How do you want to live?
“Wellness is an active process through which people become aware of, and make choices toward, a more successful existence.” (National Wellness Institute)
That simple definition of wellness holds a lot of possibilities for you here at The Moorings. The Choices program makes it easy for you to decide how and when you want to invest in your own well-being. We’ve designed programs, classes and opportunities around seven dimensions of wellness so you can live at your best — and on your terms.
- Social — Build relationships through fun social events, outings, classes, activities and committees that impact our community.
- Physical — Strengthen muscles, improve flexibility and balance, and increase endurance on your own, in a class, or with the help of a personal trainer.
- Intellectual — Feed your curiosity, take a class, attend a lecture, or take up a new hobby.
- Spiritual — Find purpose and peace through your choice of traditional religious services, yoga, meditation, tai chi, and plenty of green space to connect you with nature.
- Environmental — Learn how to take better care of the earth and keep The Moorings a green community.
- Emotional — Explore your creativity, express yourself, and develop resilience through classes, support groups, pastoral care and more.
- Community — Make your world a better place by sharing your gifts and experience through volunteering both on and off campus.
Fitness Center Highlights
- Pool for lap swimming and exercise classes
- Fitness center with the latest fitness equipment
- Fitness director and personal trainer
- Wide variety of fitness classes
Your voice is welcome here.
Here are just a few ways you can impact life at The Moorings:
- Dining Services Committee
- Residents Advisory Council
- Choices Committee
- Environmental Task Force
- Community Engagement Committee
- To see other ways you can get involved, view a sample calendar.