Skilled Nursing and Long-Term Care in Evanston
Quality, compassionate care.
When you need skilled nursing care, of course you want medical experts to provide it. But true quality care means so much more. It means personal attention, a welcoming environment, and people you know you can trust. That’s exactly what the McGaw Care Center offers.
The McGaw Care Center is our skilled nursing facility in Evanston, IL, providing 24-hour specialized short- and long-term care in the heart of our beautiful community near Chicago.
The McGaw Care Center was named one of the best nursing homes in the nation by U.S. News & World Report 2019-2020. We’re consistently among the industry leaders in terms of low hospital readmission rates and customer satisfaction. Our services are CARF accredited, and we regularly earn a 5-Star rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
At our skilled nursing facilities in Evanston, IL, residents receive a comprehensive assessment that includes input from the resident and their family. Then, an individual care plan is created. Nurses and certified nursing assistants, under the leadership of our medical director, deliver the outlined care and make adjustments as needed. Each CNA cares for the same resident as long as they receive that level of care, offering consistency and building trust.
The McGaw Care Center offers long-term care in a homelike atmosphere, which adds both physical and emotional comfort to the care process. Residents participate in activities that include games, arts and crafts, Yappy Hour pet therapy visits, drum circles, worship services, and more. Take a look at a sample program calendar to see what options residents have.
Services and amenities include:
- Physical, occupational, speech and intravenous therapies, as well as Physiatrist that is available to consult on all cases.
- Full-time Geriatric-certified medical director on staff
- Ophthalmology, audiology, dental, podiatry, and consulting physiatry
- Wound care specialists with a wound care physician
- Specialized activity programs designed for resident and family participation
- Spacious private rooms Flat-screen televisions, basic cable, personal telephone service
- Chef-inspired menu selections for breakfast, lunch and dinner, served restaurant-style
- State-of-the-art nurse call system
- Daily housekeeping and trash removal
- Registered nurses 24 hours per day
- Full-time registered dietitian
- Electronic medical records
- Social services
- Pastoral care
- Respite stays available
What is skilled nursing care?
Short- or long-term skilled nursing care by trained professionals is often called for after an illness or injury. Some conditions that may require skilled care for seniors include:
- Cardiac failure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Congestive heart failure
- Fall-related injury
- Hip or bone fracture
- Orthopedic surgery
- Parkinson’s disease
What personal items can I bring with me?
We encourage you to bring pictures, plants, mementos and other items to create a familiar, comfortable atmosphere.
If you’re searching for an Evanston nursing home for short- or long-term care in the Chicago suburbs, please use the contact form to reach out. We’re happy to set up an appointment to answer your questions.