June 17, 2020
Today we are reporting Covid-19 test results from our community-wide testing effort for residents and staff at The Moorings.
- Health Center Residents: 60 results received, zero positives.
- Highlands & Highlands Memory Support: 53 results received, zero positives.
- Independent Living: 302 results received, zero positives.
- Staff: 353 results received, one confirmed positive. This positive case was previously announced on June 4, 2020.
We are still waiting to receive 41 testing results, which are primarily from The Highlands residents. For any positive results, we will inform the resident, resident representative or staff member immediately.
Per IDPH and CDC guidance, we are repeating testing for health center residents and selected health center staff this week.
The cumulative number of positive Covid-19 cases at The Moorings remains at 6, with no residents and 6 staff members.
The Moorings continues to follow guidance for senior living communities as directed by the CDC and IDPH, including, but not limited to:
- Restricting all visitation except for certain compassionate care and end of life situations
- Restricting all volunteers and non-essential health care personnel
- Restricting internal and external group activities and communal dining
- Performing active screening of residents and health care personnel
- Isolating symptomatic residents and asking symptomatic employees to quarantine at home
- Universal masking for all employees and visitors
- Masking or face covering for all health center residents when receiving direct care
- Educating staff twice weekly on infection control, PPE and COVID-19 symptoms
We are committed to notifying you as soon as possible about positive cases, whether or not you may have come in contact with a potential COVID-19 resident or employee in our community. The safety of our residents and team members continues to be our utmost concern. Thank you for your support.
Lisa Vandermark, Executive Director
Follow future updates: Watch the daily broadcasts, Monday-Friday at 10:30 am on Ch. 951.
For more Moorings updates, please visit our Facebook page at: