May 14, 2020
Today The Moorings reported a staff member who has tested positive for COVID-19. This individual last worked at The Moorings on May 4. This individual became symptomatic on May 5 and has since been excluded from work. Residents and staff in direct contact with this individual have been notified and are being monitored for symptoms. Return to work will be based on guidance by Cook County Health Department, Illinois Department of Public Health and Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or as directed by their physician.
The total number of positive cases at The Moorings stands at two (2), with no (0) residents and two (2) staff members. Of the two employees who tested positive, one (1) case is inactive because the employee recovered. The second staff member with an active case has been asked to quarantine at home. Future updates will be posted on The Moorings community page. Details to follow
The Moorings continues to follow guidance for senior living communities as directed by the CDC and IDPH, including, but not limited to:
- Restricting all visitation except for certain compassionate care situations, such as end-of-life
- Restricting all volunteers and non-essential health care personnel
- Restricting internal and external group activities and communal dining
- Performing active screening of residents and health care personnel for fever and respiratory symptoms
- Isolating symptomatic residents and asking symptomatic employees to quarantine at home
- Universal masking for all employees and visitors
- Masking or face covering for all health center residents when receiving direct care
- Educating staff twice weekly on infection control, PPE and COVID-19 symptoms
- Providing a separate unit for isolation of residents should any test positive for COVID-19
We are committed to notifying you as soon as possible about positive cases and whether you may have come in contact with a potential positive COVID-19 resident or employee in our community. The safety of our residents and team members continues to be our utmost concern. We appreciate your partnership and thank you for your continued prayers, support and understanding.