May 29, 2020
Today we are reporting that three staff members throughout The Moorings community have new onset of respiratory symptoms within the past 72 hours. Two of the staff members work primarily in the health center and the third staff member works primarily in independent living.
Return to work and potential testing will be evaluated by the employee’s physician and follows Cook County Department of Public Health guidance and The Moorings’ policy.
The total number of positive Covid-19 cases at The Moorings remains at 3, with no residents and 3 staff members.
The Moorings continues to follow guidance for senior living communities as directed by the CDC and IDPH, including, but not limited to:
- Restricting all visitation except for certain compassionate care situations, such as end-of-life
- Restricting all volunteers and non-essential health care personnel
- Restricting internal and external group activities and communal dining
- Performing active screening of residents and health care personnel for fever and respiratory symptoms
- Isolating symptomatic residents and asking symptomatic employees to quarantine at home
- Universal masking for all employees and visitors
- Masking or face covering for all health center residents when receiving direct care
- Educating staff twice weekly on infection control, PPE and COVID-19 symptoms
- Providing separation and isolation for residents positive for COVID-19
We are committed to notifying you as soon as possible about positive cases, whether or not you may have come in contact with a potential COVID-19 resident or employee in our community. The safety of our residents and team members continues to be our utmost concern.
Thank you for your support.